FCCPT has been re-approved by USCIS to issue Healthcare Worker Certificates for an additional 5 years, through 2015.
The Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT) is a non-profit organization created to assist the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and U.S. jurisdiction licensing authorities by evaluating the credentials of foreign educated physical therapists (FEPTs) who wish to immigrate and/or work in the United States.
FCCPT will provide services to the individuals and organizations we serve that are convenient and easy to access. We will provide these services to our clients in the shortest possible time period.
The mission of the FCCPT is to support protection of the public through the evaluation and authentication of credentials and provision of related services in an ethical manner.
FCCPT is the recognized authority in evaluation of educational equivalence, credentials and qualifications.
Foreign educated physical therapists can rely on FCCPT to fairly and consistently evaluate their credentials utilizing uniform standards and processes in an objective manner. Findings and conclusions are provided to the applicant when reports are issued. FCCPT staff will assists jurisdictions and applicants to identify deficiencies and options for supplementation.
Immigration, licensing and other regulatory authorities can rely on the same uniform standards and processes to produce consistent, clear opinions on the credentials of foreign educated physical therapists. Our report format and supporting documentation clearly explain how an opinion was reached and what steps were followed in the evaluation process. Authorities can also rest assured that sound authentication procedures have been followed in verifying source documents utilized in a credentials evaluation.
Employers, immigration attorneys, health plans and others may benefit from the services of FCCPT to verify credentials of foreign educated physical therapists for quality assurance, visa application, contracting or accreditation.
The facts are…
- FCCPT is one of only two organizations given authority by the USCIS to prescreen FEPTs and to issue qualifying healthcare worker certificates for immigration.
- FCCPT is the ONLY qualifying organization dedicated exclusively to the review and evaluation of physical therapy credentials for immigration and licensure.
- FCCPT keeps abreast of standards for physical therapy practice and licensure, educational curricula and foreign educational systems.
- FCCPT has the knowledge, ability and infrastructure to evaluate credentials on a consistent basis, authenticate information sources and produce consistent, reliable outcomes.
- FCCPT has created uniform credentialing standards and developed the systems, processes, and human resources necessary to consistently apply these standards.
- FCCPT has developed its credentialing standards in close collaboration with academia, practicing physical therapy professionals, and licensing authorities.
- FCCPT’s quality assurance program is overseen by a panel of physical therapy educators and physical therapists active in regulation.
FCCPT Appeals Policy