What’s My Status

Type II Certificate (Discontinued)

The Type II Certificate was a visa credentials certificate that was accepted by USCIS and used by applicants who were licensed in the U.S. and seeking to change their visa status or needed to produce a Health Care Worker Certificate to maintain their visa status.

After September 1, 2009, USCIS no longer accepted new applications for the Type II Certificate for immigration purposes. If you have an expired Type II Certificate and need a Health Care Worker Certificate to maintain your visa status, you must apply for the Comprehensive Credentials Review (Type 1 Review). The Type 1 Review is now the only service available for visa screening for all candidates.

Have questions?

Go to Frequently Asked Questions.