Type 1 Certificate Renewal
A Type 1 Renewal is for applicants that were issued a Health Care Workers Certificate (Type 1), and need to renew it.
- Health Care Workers Certificates are valid for five (5) years from the date issued.
- The earliest you can apply for this service is six (6) months prior to your certificate expiration date.
- A certificate can be renewed after it has expired.
Type 1 Renewal Requirements
- License Verification
- All physical therapy licenses held since graduate must be verified by the licensing authority. This includes licenses, active and inactive, from both the United States and outside of the United States.
- If you have Compact privileges in any United States jurisdiction, you must inform FCCPT via email at email@example.com, so your privileges can be verified.
- NPTE Score Transfer
- If you are or have ever been licensed to practice in the United States, a NPTE score transfer must be sent to FCCPT. Refer to Submitting Documents on instructions for requesting your NPTE score transfer to FCCPT.
- If you are not a licensed physical therapist in the United States, a signed letter stating that you have not taken and passed the NPTE is required. This signed letter can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A passing TOEFL score within the last two (2) years is required. See TOEFL Requirements for more information.
A Re-evaluation of your education is not required for the Type 1 Renewal.