Important: Please read the information below before applying for reactivation.
Reactivation is for applicants who want to re-open a closed service.
- Active Services can remain in “Pending” status up to twelve (12) months from date of application.
- Applicants have twelve (12) months from the date of application to submit, or request their issuing institution(s) to submit all required documents for a primary service, except for New York Credentials Verification. If the required documents have not been received by FCCPT from the appropriate source within twelve (12) months of application date, FCCPT will close the service.
- Please Note:
- FCCPT recommends that a file not be reactivated until all of the document/Credentials requirements can be fulfilled.
- Applicants who have ordered the New York Credentials Verification service are not eligible for reactivation. See below for Special Instructions to Reactivate a New York Credentials Verification service for more information.
How to apply for Reactivation:
- Log in to your existing file using your file number.
- Important: Do not re-apply for the primary service, as this will open a new file and will delay the process.
- Choose “Add Related Request” next to the closed primary service, and select Reactivation
- Complete the online application, and pay for the Reactivation.
- We automatically send the reports for Reactivations to the recipients that you chose under your initial primary service application. To change the recipient for the Reactivation, you need to complete the Change of State Request Form and fax it to our offices. If you selected “None at This Time” for your initial primary service, you need to complete the Included Report Request Form and fax it listing the requested recipient for the Report within 30 days of application. If you request a report AFTER 30 days from the receipt of the application, you will have to apply for a Duplicate Report and pay the associated fee.
- Note: You will be able to see the progress of your service through the Reactivation service checklist; the original primary service will remain closed.
Special instructions to Reactivate the New York Credentials Verification service
If you want to reactivate your closed New York Credentials Verification service and continue to have FCCPT send the request letters to the educational institution(s) or licensing/registration authority, you will need to request an additional New York Verification service.
- You will not be able to apply to reactivate a New York Credentials Verification service online. Instead, you will need to fax or mail a letter to request to add the additional service to your file. The letter must include your full name, file number, and signature. The fax number for FCCPT is +1 703.684.8715.
- You will need to submit new request forms for all institutions that did not provide the documents in the initial process to FCCPT.
- Please refer to the File Library to access forms related to the New York Credentials Verification service.
Ready to begin?
Review the Application Fee Schedule, and be prepared to make payment upon completion of the application.
Go to Frequently Asked Questions.